Baby Yoga and Massage Classes Norwich with ZenMuma
Run by mother of two and expert yoga practitioner, Jackie Heffer-Cooke, ZenMuma Baby Yoga classes place emphasis on being able to take-away the skills and techniques you learn and really use them at home. Each class is packed with poses that gently encourage movement and natural development. Suitable for babies up until they are crawling, ZenMuma yoga classes are held at a number of locations across Norwich and Norfolk.
Studies have shown that babies who receive nurturing touch through holding, massage and other forms of physical contact gain weight faster, are calmer and have better intellectual and motor development.
Babies enjoy being swung, rocked, stroked, massaged, gently stretched and sung to.
Yoga gives them this stimulus they so require and helps expend their energies, making them feel less frustrated, happier, calmer and able to sleep better.
Where: The Garage, 14 Chapelfield North, Norwich, NR2 1NY
Time: 12.30pm-1.30pm with Jackie Heffer-Cooke
Classes are £50 for 6 weeks.
If you wish to book a class that has already started, then please contact Lucy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Buy 6 sessions of ZenMuma Baby Yoga and you’ll also receive:
Click here to read testimonials from ZenMuma mumas and their bubs.
• Gently encourages the opening of babies chest and lungs, enables baby to breathe more effectively
• Brings more oxygen into the body helping baby’s nervous system and internal muscles and organs to work more effectively and efficiently
• Strengthens and tones muscles, keeping the spine straight and supple
• Baby yoga and massage classes encourage mum and baby to take some time out from the demands of daily life to connect through positive interaction, awareness and nurturing
• The communication encouraged through baby yoga and massage helps baby develop a sense of trust around them. This develops baby’s confidence and self-esteem
• Develops limbic system – the experience of emotion
And of course there’s plenty of post-natal yoga benefits for Mums too!
• By encouraging new mums to breathe deeply, yoga classes help to develop a sense of calm and revitalisation.
• Shows new mums ways of holding their baby and transitioning between holds
• Builds confidence in understanding your baby’s needs
• Learning to release tension in the body can help a parent realise they have been feeling stressed, and may help them to identify and then work with balancing those areas of tension.
• Encourages self-belief as a mum.
• Baby yoga classes provide an opportunity for mums to have some time for inner reflection.
• Learning how to relax deeply for a few minutes can be as rewarding as sleep and can be practised whilst feeding, or comforting baby. Knowing this can help mum to recharge batteries throughout the day whilst looking after the baby.
• Helps mum to realign her body after birthing, restoring physical balance.
• Make new buddies and have fun!