Run by mother of two and expert yoga practitioner Jackie Heffer-Cooke, YogaBubs classes place emphasis on being able to take-away the skills and techniques you learn and really use them at home. Each class is packed with poses that gently encourage movement and natural development, YogaBubs yoga classes are suitable for babies up until they are crawling, and are held at a number of locations across Norwich and Norfolk
YogaBubs Baby Yoga Classes in Norwich may help to:
Studies have shown that babies who receive nurturing touch through holding, massage and other forms of physical contact gain weight faster, are calmer and have better intellectual and motor development.
Babies enjoy being swung, rocked, stroked, massaged, gently stretched and sung to.
Yoga gives them this stimulus they so require and helps expend their energies, making them feel less frustrated, happier, calmer and able to sleep better.
Here are just a few of the many baby benefits of YogaBubs Baby Yoga.
• Gently encourages the opening of babies chest and lungs, enables baby to breathe more effectively
• Brings more oxygen into the body helping baby’s nervous system and internal muscles and organs to work more effectively and efficiently
• Strengthens and tones muscles, keeping the spine straight and supple
• Baby yoga and massage classes encourage mum and baby to take some time out from the demands of daily life to connect through positive interaction, awareness and nurturing
• The communication encouraged through baby yoga and massage helps baby develop a sense of trust around them. This develops baby’s confidence and self-esteem
• Develops limbic system – the experience of emotion
• The bouncing, swinging, rocking and spinning movements are loved by babies as they develop their vestibular system, which helps the baby to balance
• By singing in class baby’s hearing and pre-language skills are developed
• Develops sense of spatial awareness, flexibility and the development of fine and gross motor skills
And of course there’s plenty of post-natal yoga benefits for Mums too!
• By encouraging new mums to breathe deeply, yoga classes help to develop a sense of calm and revitalisation.
• Shows new mums ways of holding their baby and transitioning between holds
• Builds confidence in understanding your baby’s needs
• Learning to release tension in the body can help a parent realise they have been feeling stressed, and may help them to identify and then work with balancing those areas of tension
• Encourages self-belief as mum
• Baby yoga classes provide an opportunity for mums to have some time for inner reflection
• Learning how to relax deeply for a few minutes can be as rewarding as sleep and can be practised whilst feeding, or comforting baby. Knowing this can help mum to recharge batteries throughout the day whilst looking after baby
• Helps mum to realign her body after birthing, restoring physical balance
• Make new buddies and have fun!
See below for your nearest YogaBubs class, held at a number of venues in and around Norwich and Norfolk.
Price: £48 for 6 weeks, at all locations (unless otherwise stated)
Venue: The Garage, 14 ChapelField North, Norwich, NR2 1NY
Venue: Caistor Hall Hotel, Caistor St Edmund, Norwich, NR14 8QN
Venue: The Riverside Swimming Centre, Wherry Road, Norwich, NR1 1WX
Venue: Wymondham Leisure Centre, Norwich Road, Wymondham, NR18 0NT
Time: 1.00pm-2.00pm with Michelle Miller
Click here to read testimonials from Yogabubs mummies and their yogabubs.
“I remember the first day of walking into pregnancy yoga, feeling apprehensive at trying something new at a time full of new beginnings. I had tried yoga before but found it a little intimidating, but in this class was a great mix of women, all from different yogic background, and lots of beginners just like me.
Five years later I’m a yogi addict as it helps me keep in shape, boost my strength and keep up with my energetic kids! It also gives me more; a place I have learnt to live from where I can stop and pause, before reacting. To breathe and deal with the craziness of life: school runs, clubs, work schedules, dinner making, the endless washing, hectic social lives and relationships. Be warned, this class just may change your life…”
Jackie is an expert in Childbirth Preparation, HypnoBirthing, Pregnancy Massage. Anatomy and Physiology and Baby Yoga, as well as founder of The Orange Grove Clinic and Baby Centre and YogaBubs Baby Yoga. Through her work she has helped 1000’s of local parents through the exhilarating, but sometimes exhausting stages of bump, birth, baby and beyond. She has appeared as a birth expert on Radio Norfolk, in various local and national publications, made her own DVD called ‘How to take the labour out of labour’ and is a guest writer for BabycentreUK and MummyPages.
If you would like to join a YogaBubs class part way through a course, this may be possible, as long as the class is not fully subscribed. Contact Reception, via the details above, to find out more.
On the odd occasion a YogaBubs class may have to be cancelled due to low numbers. If this is the case for your class, we will let you know on the day and you will be given the option of another class, or a full refund.