Baby yoga and massage classes with YogaBubs are the perfect way to bond with your new baby whilst easing yourself gently back into fitness.
Run by mother of two and expert yoga practitioner Jackie Heffer-Cooke, YogaBubs classes place emphasis on being able to take-away the skills and techniques you learn and really use them at home. Each class is packed with poses that gently encourage movement and natural development, YogaBubs yoga classes are suitable for babies up until they are crawling, and are held at a number of locations across Norwich and Norfolk.
We have now also introduced our new Motherstuff club; held after our Yogabubs classes, the Motherstuff club is a place where we hope to answer your questions about a range of topics. Each month we will welcome an expert in to talk to you about everything from weaning to pelvic floor. Find out more here.
How babies benefit from YogaBubs – Baby Yoga
Studies have shown that babies who receive nurturing touch through holding, massage and other forms of physical contact gain weight faster, are calmer and have better intellectual and motor development.
Babies enjoy being swung, rocked, stroked, massaged, gently stretched and sung to.
Yoga gives them this stimulus they so require and helps expend their energies, making them feel less frustrated, happier, calmer and able to sleep better.
Here are just a few of the many baby benefits of YogaBubs Baby Yoga.
• Gently encourages the opening of babies chest and lungs, enables baby to breathe more effectively
• Brings more oxygen into the body helping baby’s nervous system and internal muscles and organs to work more effectively and efficiently
• Strengthens and tones muscles, keeping the spine straight and supple
• Baby yoga and massage classes encourage mum and baby to take some time out from the demands of daily life to connect through positive interaction, awareness and nurturing
• The communication encouraged through baby yoga and massage helps baby develop a sense of trust around them. This develops baby’s confidence and self-esteem
• Develops limbic system – the experience of emotion
• The bouncing, swinging, rocking and spinning movements are loved by babies as they develop their vestibular system, which helps the baby to balance
• By singing in class baby’s hearing and pre-language skills are developed
• Develops sense of spatial awareness, flexibility and the development of fine and gross motor skills
How mums benefit from YogaBubs – Baby Yoga
And of course there’s plenty of post-natal yoga benefits for Mums too!
• By encouraging new mums to breathe deeply, yoga classes help to develop a sense of calm and revitalisation.
• Shows new mums ways of holding their baby and transitioning between holds
• Builds confidence in understanding your baby’s needs
• Learning to release tension in the body can help a parent realise they have been feeling stressed, and may help them to identify and then work with balancing those areas of tension
• Encourages self-belief as mum
• Baby yoga classes provide an opportunity for mums to have some time for inner reflection
• Learning how to relax deeply for a few minutes can be as rewarding as sleep and can be practised whilst feeding, or comforting baby. Knowing this can help mum to recharge batteries throughout the day whilst looking after baby
• Helps mum to realign her body after birthing, restoring physical balance
• Make new buddies and have fun!
See below for your nearest YogaBubs class, held at a number of venues in and around Norwich and Norfolk.
Price: £50 for 6 weeks, at all locations (unless otherwise stated)
*Buy 6 sessions of YogaBubs and you’ll also receive: £10 OFF massage with our Massage Angels, a FREE Baby Yoga video download, plus you’ll have access to our monthly Newsletter as well as a FREE copy of our Baby Centre Magazine*
Venue: The Garage, 14 ChapelField North, Norwich, NR2 1NY
Time: 12.30pm-1.30pm with Jackie Heffer-Cooke
(PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO CLASS ON MONDAY 12TH FEBRUARY DUE TO HALF TERM)
(PLEASE NOE THERE IS NO CLASS ON BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 2ND APRIL)
(PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO CLASS ON BOTH BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 7TH MAY AND HALF TERM MONDAY 28TH MAY)
Click here to read testimonials from Yogabubs mummies and their yogabubs.