How to Be a Healthy Vegetarian or Vegan: Nutrition Workshop in Norwich with The Family Nutrition Expert
Learn how to be a healthy vegetarian or vegan with expert Nutritional Therapist Catherine Jeans DipION mBANT CNHC. Catherine will be hosting further nutrition workshops at The Orange Grove Clinic soon: express your interest here.
Research shows that being vegan or vegetarian can have many benefits for your health, but this is dependant on eating the right foods and replacing any nutrients no longer in your diet. It’s important if you or a family member avoid meat, fish or dairy, that you learn how to be a healthy vegetarian or vegan and get the right kind of advice to protect your health. As expert Catherine Jeans explains:
“Many of us read the reports that being vegetarian has many health benefits. But it’s not just a case of cutting out meat and fish and hoping for the best. It requires careful planning and understanding, to ensure you are not at risk of becoming deficient in certain nutrients.
I see in my private practice many unhealthy vegetarians, and one of the main reasons is that they just don’t get enough protein, or lack essential nutrients such as iron, or B12. Whatever diet you choose in life, it’s vital to get a healthy balance of nutrients.”
This workshop is designed to show you how to be a healthy vegetarian or vegan, with practice advice, meal ideas, recipes and cooking tips. We’ll discuss:
- How to get enough protein
- What are essential fats and why you could be at risk of deficiency, even if you take flax seed oil or eat plenty of nuts and seeds
- How to food combine to maximise your protein intake
- Which nutrients you are at risk of becoming deficient in and where to get them
- Are there any essential supplements you should take?
Catherine Jeans DipION mBANT CNHC is a nutritional therapist, who trained at the world renowned Institute for Optimum Nutrition in London for three years. She has a busy private practice at The Orange Grove Clinic, and also works at The Spire Hospital.
Workshop Date and Time: new dates coming soon. Express your interest here.
Cost: £25 per person or £40 per couple, which includes notes, recipes, handouts and a £10 off voucher for a private nutritional therapy consultation with Catherine.
If you would like to book onto this new and informative workshop How to be a Healthy Vegetarian or Vegan, please call our Norwich reception on 01603 631900. Or you can go to our contact page.
Nutrition Workshop with Expert Nutritional Therapist & The Family Nutrition Expert Catherine Jeans DipION mBANT CNHC.
New Dates Coming Soon – Please Express Your Interest by Contacting Reception on 01603 631900 or email@example.com
Have you ever wondered if you’re eating the right foods? Are you a parent who wants to know how to give your family the best nutrition? Are you confused by food labels? Or unsure what is actually healthy, with so many stories in the press about different super foods and what we should and shouldn’t be eating? Do you have a family history of heart disease, cancer or diabetes and want to improve your health and reduce your risk of becoming unwell? Maybe you’re a therapist who wants to be able to give the right nutrition advice to your clients?
This essential workshop is ran by expert Clinical Nutritional Therapist, Catherine Jeans DipION mBANT CNHC, The Family Nutrition Expert.
Workshop price: £50 - includes notes, meal ideas, recipes and a voucher for £15 off an individual nutrition consultation with Course Leader Catherine Jeans DipION mBANT CNHC.
This interactive workshop aims to arm you with the nutrition knowledge to help improve your own nutrition, health, wellbeing and energy levels… and the wellness of your entire family. Topics covered will include:
- Eating for Energy: which foods will help keep you going and which will drain you of energy?
- What foods should you be eating regularly… and which you really should avoid
- How to eat to get in shape and keep in shape long term
- The facts about fat – what are good fats and what are bad fats?
- Eating for longevity – how to slow the ageing process and keep your skin looking beautiful from the inside out
- Eating to help reduce your risk of illness such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis…
- What are the bugs living in your gut and why you need to feed them
- The importance of great digestion and how to improve your digestive health
- How and where to shop, how to read food labels and how to cook your food