Some might be under the disillusion that a Hot Stone Massage is for those winter months when we’re feeling cold to the bones and only a cup of hot chocolate and a snugly fire will do; but there’s actually nothing seasonal about it. A Hot Stones Massage can be just as beneficial on a warm sunny day. Why not book a Hot Stone Massage at our Norwich clinic to find out.
Like any massage, a its packed full of health benefits to aid your wellbeing both physically and mentally. During the summer months we all naturally feel lighter and brighter. We literally feel lighter because the fluid in our lymphatic system is thinner and flows more freely this time of year. How many of you with aching joints feel better with the heat of the sun on your bones? A hot stone massage shares the same principals.
Is your lymphatic system so stuck and blocked that even these lazy, hazy days of summer aren’t getting you up and at it? Are those joints and muscles too tight and achy to allow you to get out there while the sun shines? A hot stone massage could be the answer for you.
What is a Hot Stone Massage?
Hot stone massage is a treatment where smooth, heated stones – usually river rocks or smooth surfaced basalt stones – are used to perform massage strokes. It creates the same feeling of a hot bath or the sun’s rays, the warming sensation of being massaged with hot and cold stones is incredibly relaxing and soothing. If you’re feeling tension in your shoulders, the heated stones will takes it away. Any worries playing on your mind? The stones will help you find perspective. A job that’s stressing you out? Your stress will be eased and soothed away.
What are the Benefits of hot stone massage?
- Hot stone massages are beneficial for you physically and psychologically.
- Physically, the heat retained in the basalt stones helps the muscles to relax, helping to ease muscle tension and soothe away bothersome aches and pains.
- Mentally, just taking the time to relax in the peace and quiet during a massage can help to slow down a busy mind. However with hot stone it helps to ease mental tension and de-stress you from top to toe.
- It improves circulation. Feeling tired and run down in some cases can cause the muscles to feel tight and tense more than usual and with the hot stones increasing circulation, this delivers more oxygen to the muscles helping to ease the aches and tension.
- It can help detox and improve immunity. Heat opens the pores, which allows toxins to be released from the body. Furthermore, heat encourages white blood cells to accumulate in the affected area, which subsequently helps the body fight viruses, bacteria and germs.
Hot Stone Massage Offer at the Orange Grove, Norwich
If you fancy easing away you’re daily stresses and unwinding ready for the summer ahead why not Step into Summer with our ‘Holiday Hot Stone’ Massage Offer! Book today! Let the Orange Grove Clinic Massage Angels transport your mind to far-away shores with our Holiday Hot Stone Massage. Just £35 until 31st August. Visit our shop…
*It is recommended that pregnant clients do not have hot stone massages, as a hot stone massage as with any other ordinary massage is performed with the client lying on their front. So ladies, stick to the pregnancy massages!